RTV31, RTV60 and RTV88 silicone rubber compounds are high temperature two-part silicone elastomers. They are supplied ready-to-use with a base compound and dibutyl tin dilaurate, DBT, as the standard curing agent. DBT is suitable for most applications, however other catalysts are available to facilitate deep section cure, faster cure and automated mixing.
RTV31, RTV60 and RTV88 silicone rubber compounds differ primarily in viscosity in the uncured state.
Key Features and Typical Benefits
- Variable work times and cure rates by adjusting the amount and type of curing agent
- Room temperature cure
- Composition free of solvents and solvent odor
- Excellent adhesion capabilities with primer
- Excellent release properties
- Retention of elastomeric properties at temperatures from -54 °C (-65 °F) up to 260 °C (500 °F) continuously, and up to 316 °C (600 °F) for short periods of time
Typical high temperature applications for these products include, but are not limited to:
- Potting and encapsulating electric motors and transformers
- Fabrication of rubber parts Casting molds for low-melting point metals
- Release applications such as rubber rollers
- Thermal Insulation