PL237-R2 is a high temperature resistant Molybdenum disulphide loaded dry film lubricant coating.
- Resistant to dry heat to 300°C (570°F)
- Resistant to Skydrol, Ester lubricants and corrosive engine by products
- Designed for operating conditions up to 300°C (570°F)
- For use where high wear and pitting occurs and as a protection against fretting, where short service life occurs due to chemical attack, corrosion or high temperature or where lubrication internals are often too short.
- Developed at Rolls Royce request to comply with regulations for the environment specified in their collaboration to meet specifications for JSF that makes certain solvents used in the R1 version unusable.
- Often used as an alternative to MolyKote 3400A
Approval / Specification
- MSRR 9274
- Rolls Royce Code: 110566
- OMat 4/43
- Kawasaki JMSRR 9276
- NSN: 91-5099-430-9538
- MTU spec MTS-1013A-02