A new technique for on-wing check and repair maintenance environments. Each kit is designed to be used with a specific engine type and contains various cleaning and applicator pads, fan disc key slot masking clips and other items.
This rapid 14 stage operation, facilitated by the contents of the kit, entails thorough cleaning to remove contamination and debris before the application of PL470 lubricant to the fan blade roots.
This process can be performed “on-wing” in-between flights, without engine removal, resulting in rapid turnaround – a key function that significantly reduces operating costs.
Used in conjunction with PL-470 a special Molybdenum Disulphide based material. It achieves an improved dry film lubricant on the fan blade root and dovetail. PL470 is sold separately.
Each Trent 800 Kit contains:
- 6 Fan blade cleaning pads
- 2 Fan blade applicator handles
- 6 Fan blade applicator pads
- 2 Paint trays
- 1 Fan disc cleaning handle
- 5 Fan disc cleaning rollers
- 1 Fan disc applicator handle
- 6 Fan disc applicator pads
- 4 Fan disc keypads (Yellow)