Replaces mineral spirits and stoddard solvent.
Designed for parts washing, weapons cleaning, aircraft component
cleaning, and various degreasing applications. Used in conjunction with the
Edge TekTM Filtration System. Reduces costs and hazardous waste generation.
Safe on most plastics and elastomers.
· Benzene free, HAP free, state of the art solvent designed to help users break out of the tangle of regulations regarding
emissions, disposal, and industrial health hazards.
· Virtually odorless, low toxicity, high-purity hydrocarbon that exhibits a very low degree of irritancy to the eyes and is
non-irritating to the skin. It has a low vapor pressure to control Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emissions, is
non-carcinogenic, and is not regulated under SARA, Title III, Sections 302 or
313, CERCLA, and RCRA requirements.
· No listed components and characteristics of hazardous waste per the EPA; and works well as a green substitute for mineral
spirits or Stoddard solvent in parts-washing applications.
· Awarded a complete Toxicity Clearance by the U.S. Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventative Medicine.
· Weapons cleaning
· Aircraft component cleaning
· Various degreasing applications
APPROVALS & SPECIFICATIONS
BOEING AIRCRAFT COMPANY
· BAC 5750—General solvent cleaning on Boeing
CFM AIRCRAFT ENGINES
· CP 2011 – BREAKTHROUGH® is approved for all
aircraft engine cleaning applications calling for PD-680 Type I and Type II.
GE AIRCRAFT ENGINES
· C04-002 – BREAKTHROUGH® is approved for all
engine cleaning applications calling for PD-680 Type I and Type II.
PRATT & WHITNEY
· PMC 9001 – BREAKTHROUGH® approved to Engine
ROLLS ROYCE AIRCRAFT ENGINES
· Approved for all aircraft engine cleaning
applications calling for PD-680 Type II.
· Part Number 2110-07015 – General solvent
cleaning on Bell Helicopter Aircraft.
SIKORSKY AIRCRAFT CORPORATION
· Part Number 08UTC-40588 – General cleaning on
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
· TACOM – ACALA Maintenance Advisory Message No.
97-17, authorizes BREAKTHROUGH® for use on all small arms and aircraft armament
· TACOM – Meets military Specification for MIL
PRF-680, Type II.
· TB 43-0135– Recommended substitute for ozone
depleting substances used on communications-electronics equipment.
U.S. AIR FORCE
· PRO-ACT SS Talk Edition 31 Dec 96, authorizes
BREAKTHROUGH® as MIL PRF-680, Type II.
· “Based upon favorable toxicity, regulatory and
use data; a toxicity clearance is granted for BREAKTHROUGH® for use as a
degreasing solvent.” U.S. Army Center for
Health Promotion and Preventative Medicine, 28 Jan 97.
· APC Tech Message #92 authorizes BREAKTHROUGH® as
an Environmentally Compliant Replacement for PD-680 Type I and Type II for
cleaning U.S. Army Weapons, Ground Vehicles, Equipment, and Aviation materials.