SOCOMASK T2242 is a hand-peelable protective coating developed to protect surfaces during chemical milling.
This product has been especially formulated to provide the following properties and performances:
- High solids content in order to reduce solvents emission and make the application of thick layers easier with conventional spraying systems (airless, pneumatic) or by dipping.
- Exceptional chemical resistance which offers a solution to most of the chemical protection problems: alkaline machining bath from 60 to 110 °C (140 to 230 °F), chromic-sulphuric mixture bath, hydrofluoric acid bath, detergent solution, etc., even with only 150 to 200 microns dry thickness.
- Resistance to shocks during forming and degreasing processes as well as storage, transport and various handling operations.
- Protection of pieces against corrosion and splashes of acid or alkaline chemicals.
- Resistance to temperature and very easy peeling, even after all chemical processes, exposure to bad weather and corrosive atmospheres.
SOCOMASK T2242 when applied in sufficient thickness is easy to peel off, even after machining cycles.