Socosurf TCS and Socosurf PACS is a two-tank trivalent chrome Cr(III) surface treatment process that provides corrosion resistance and adhesion promotion on aluminum alloys. Its universal chemistry performs both chemical conversion and anodization sealing. It offers consistent performance comparable to that of hexavalent chromium surface treatments, without hexavalent chrome.
The Socosurf TCS is a trivalent chromium (Cr(III)) solution, and the Socosurf PACS is a posttreatment solution that reinforces the TCS coating.
As a chemical conversion, Socosurf TCS/Socosurf PACS forms an iridescent coating on the surface that meets the requirements of MIL-DTL-81706 Type II, Class 1A and 3, Form I on 2024, 6061 and 7075 alloys.
- The coating weight is above 108 mg/m2 (10 mg/ft2).
- Paint adhesion meets ISO 2409 grade 0 (ASTM D3359 grade 5B) after 14-day water immersion.
- The coating is electrically conductive before and after neutral salt spray (NSS) exposure.
- Socosurf PACS ensures consistent NSS corrosion resistance above 168 hours on Al 2024-T3.
As a seal after anodizing, the Socosurf TCS/Socosurf PACS process impregnates trivalent chromium (Cr(III)) in the anodization and seals it within. It has been tested with TSA, BSA, CAA, TFSAA, and SAA.
Socosurf TCS and Socosurf PACS offer a robust chemistry:
- It can be applied by spray, immersion, and brush including for local touch-ups.
- It does not require users to change their existing degreasing and deoxidation processes.
- It forms a durable chemical conversion on 2000, 6000, and 7000 series aluminum.
- It is a drop-in replacement for hexavalent chromium chemical conversion and sealing processes.
- It performs chemical conversion and sealed anodizations under the same operating parameters.
- VOC and odor-free.
For detailed information, refer to Product Datasheet