3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Tamper Proof Sealant EC-1252 is a one-part, fast drying, anti-tamper sealer commonly used by aircraft industry to indicate sabotage, tampering, alteration or vibration loosening. The air drying non-sag paste-like sealant easily conforms to contours, curves and over components.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Tamper Proof Sealant EC-1252 is the ideal solution to protect settings and calibrations of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic equipment against tampering. Easy-to-apply, it seals components between stages of assembly and parts that are restricted to adjustment, alteration, or access by qualified personnel. EC-1252 is available in yellow, blue, pink and white, making it easily distinguishable from the parts around it.
- Dries to tack-free in 20 seconds and is suitable for stamping with inspector’s ink. Fully dry in 24 hours.
- Self-extinguishing does not pose fire hazard. It can withstand operational temperatures of up to 200°F (93°C).
- Works well on most surfaces such as aluminum, steel and most plastics.
- Resists oil, gasoline, water, and jet fuel , and it will not corrode metal.
- Effective and long lasting tamper-evidence product to alert workers and inspectors if settings and calibrations of equipment have been compromised due to vibration, sabotage or unauthorized tampering.
Available Colours: Yellow, Blue, Pink and White