3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 can generally be used for splicing and applications where chemical resistance and/or clean removal is necessary. The silver backing is a transparent polyester with a thin layer of aluminum.
- Prolonged exposure to sunlight or hot caustics will cause backing to become brittle and lose tensile strength.
- Thin, high strength polyester film helps reduce failures due to breakage while meeting low caliper requirements
- Chemical and solvent resistance to help reduce rejects produced from chemical and solvent attack.
- Abrasion resistant to help protect surfaces from abrasion and rough handling.
- Variety of colors offered when easy detection is required.